Saturday, December 6, 2008

12/06/2008

crossfit warmup x 3
30 sec samson stretch
12 squats
12 situps
12 back extensions
12 pullups
10 dips (still have slight rotator cuff strain)

Deadlift 3x3x3x3x3

Warmup:
5x95
5x115
3x135

3x185
3x185
3x205
3x205
3x225

Before crossfit, I never used to deadlift. That's because I had no idea what I was doing in the gym. I was ignorant to the art of "fitness" and it showed. I look around the gym and I see people just like how I was. I see the same guys just doing chest/tri's, back/bi's, and shoulders/legs on their set schedules making little to no progress.

My new motto is, it's all about the core.

Crossfit is gaining steam though. I have several people a week come up to me and either say, "you work hard as shit", or "are you doing that crossfit stuff"?

I recently started mixing in some regular bodybuilding with my crossfit exercises. I'll do the WOD as posted on www.crossfit.com (a couple days later) and then I'll throw in a few exercises to make sure I'm not neglecting the "sexy" muscles.

All in all, I'm happy with my progress but I can work so much harder it's not even funny. I need a partner or a crossfit gym.

Closest LOCATION is crossfit philly. I'm waiting on Evofit South Jersey to get a facility. I'm pretty sure I can't hold a candle to those guys.

-ceezar

No comments: